Today, I begin by focusing on something good. In fact, it’s excellent. It has made my day and the day is just beginning. It is quite amazing that one can be thrown a curve ball one day and then find something in this world to feel good about. And jOyce over at Life on Foot has done that for me today. She has awarded me with the “One Lovely Blogger” award. Wasn’t that nice? It was quite lovely indeed. She writes a beautiful blog that documents her exploration of life and the ups and downs it throws at her. I am always amazed at her positivity and wonder where she get’s it. I also envy the fact that she has sure direction in her life and she is only “twenty-something”. I have surpassed her in age, but not in ambition and willingness to explore the world in and on her terms. Thank you jOyce…your writing and this award means so much!
With this award, there are some things I must do…oooh, I can’t wait! 🙂
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. (see above)
- Write down seven random facts about yourself. (see below)
- Give this award to fifteen other bloggers. (see even further below)
- Let them know they’ve won. (will get to that as soon as I publish this sucker)
- Pop the award on your blog. (I’m not quite sure how to do that, but maybe I will figure it out. Wish me luck with this one!)
Not only will I award this to fifteen of my favorite blogs, but I will shoot some random facts about myself at ya. I will try to make them surprising…maybe something I haven’t already revealed about myself. So, here we go….
Seven Random Facts About Me
1. I am the youngest of three children, and the mistake. As my mom says, a happy mistake. They only wanted two kids.
2. I have a bit of social anxiety. I hate crowds and I am totally awkward when talking to people. I feel more comfortable in a blog environment where I can actually think about responses so I don’t (hopefully) put my foot in my mouth. Otherwise, I suck socially.
3. I went to school for Sculpture, but I’m not an artist. I just play one in life. Really, I just wanted a degree…any degree. I picked the easiest one and an area where I have a wee bit of talent and interest.
4. My big brother is my hero. He is the best brother any girl could have, really!
5. I never thought I could love anyone more than I love myself. That is, until my son was born.
6. I wrote a book about two years ago. I want to be a writer and take more writing classes so maybe one day I can publish that book and become a professional writer. A girl can dream, can’t she?
7. All I do at work these days is check my social media sites and write this blog. Oh, wait, and search for another job.
YOU ARE “One Lovely Blogger”…
Thank you to all the below bloggers that I follow and love to read. I hope all of you enjoy them also.
1. lily at one more morning: You are always an inspiration. Your words comfort me when I’m at my lowest. You are a lovely poet!
2. cobyjean writes a touching and humorous blog. I love reading her stuff, it makes me laugh and think. I am glad she found me so I could find her.
3. Domestiç Reclusë writes so eloquently about being a single mom, searching for work and transitioning from that “other” life many of us led. I find comfort in her experiences that she documents. I am not alone.
4. Femme de Noel at The Dominican Bungalow…traverses a life change with dignity and strength. I hope to also have the same strength….one day.
5. Nate at the Happiest Baby in the World takes you on a journey around the world with a couple and their toddler. It’s a beautiful family and it’s a beautiful journey. Wonderful photos and experiences and am glad I follow.
6. Sarah Field at Moms Day At A Time is also on a new trek in life. I am glad to follow and learn and be inspired. Plus, she’s pretty darn funny.
7. In A Way, Aren’t We All? is a very well written blog about a man and his experiences with marriage, divorce and the emotional healing of it. He has courage to write exactly what he is thinking and feeling. This man is strong!
8. tashal78 at asearchingheart is going through a some issues that bear a striking resemblance to mine. It’s scary, in a good way. I am glad I found her…I have some good company.
9. Jennifer Lynn at Reclaiming Freedom writes a poignant blog. Her words are both inspiring and familiar and I love her writing.
10. Journey After Divorce is exactly what it appears to be. I find much comfort in her experience and her epiphanies, so to speak.
11. Off Duty Mom is crazy funny and brings joy and laughter to my heart when I have trouble finding it on my own.
12. Rachel at Peace, Love & Fabulous Things represents what all of us should be seeking…Peace Love and Fabulous things. She’s pretty funny and takes a lighthearted approach to the day-to-day.
13. evatenter at What is depression? has educated me and validated me throughout my process of mourning my marriage and moving on with my life. I find so much comfort in her words…that words cannot express.
14. seanpaulmahoney at urtheinspirationis amazingly funny, yet takes his issues along his journey seriously. I love, love, love this guy. I can’t say enough…you have to read for yourself.
15. Cabbage thing get’s me lost in her beautiful photographs. It transports me somewhere else and reminds me I am someone else. She reminds me of the person I was before marriage and divorce. The artist.
So, with that said…all of that said….thanks again to jOyce at Life on Foot for thinking I am even worthy of such an award. And thank you to all those bloggers that keep me company.
I hope all have an excellent day!